If you have purchased a Computer and it came with McAfee pre installed in it then you have to just decide whether to choose another antivirus program to protect your Pc or continue with McAfee antivirus. It is easy to remove McAfee without any efforts; you just have to use Computer settings. Although it is recommended to use the McAfee removal tool if you are unable to remove the software from Windows 10. But, some steps will help you to remove McAfee that are to be discussed in the article.
Sometimes, there can be a secondary case to it, there might be chances that McAfee software has stopped working abruptly or there are some issues related to the software program. In such cases, it is necessary to understand the steps to uninstall McAfee in Windows 10 by just using the Settings of Windows 10. If you have any other relatable queries then it is recommended to visit McAfee’s official website that goes by the URL mcafee.com/activate.
Elaborated steps to remove McAfee from Windows 10
There are certain steps to be followed to remove McAfee from Windows 10. These steps are as follows:-
1. In the initial step, you have to type “Settings” in the Windows search bar and then click on it.
2. You now, have to click on the “Apps” present in the Windows settings bar.
3. Now, type on McAfee in the search box and then select the McAfee subscribed product that you wish to remove or uninstall.
4. Remember, if you have multiple McAfee items on your desktop then you can remove only one at a time.
5. In this step, you just have to click on the “Uninstall” option.
6. Now, click on the “Uninstall” option again to confirm that you wish for the removal of the product.
7. Follow the instruction on the screen to confirm that you want to proceed to delete or remove the software.
8. Once McAfee is uninstalled from the Windows then close the “Settings” window.
9. Now, restart your computer and you just need to make sure that the McAfee is uninstalled completely or not from your operating device.
10. You are now good to go without McAfee software on your device.
Note:- If you have any confusion about the steps mentioned above then it is recommended to consider Customer Support via https://anti-mcafee.com/ for help.
In a conclusive viewpoint:-
In the hope, that these steps will guide you the way to uninstall McAfee from Windows 10 completely without any error. Still, if you have any queries to ask or you want a specific issue related to this problem to be solved, then it is recommended to get in touch with the McAfee Customer support executives that are available 24/7 to assist you via online help chat or toll-free helpline number that is visible on McAfee’s official website that goes by the URL mcafee.com/activate. The support assistants will make sure that your issues will be resolved in no time.
Smith Loo is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. [email protected]:- McAfee My Account.