Most of the people nowadays secure their devices with robust and top-notch antivirus software and McAfee is one among them. When you deploy McAfee on your device, several programs and files get installed with it. Being a device protection software sometimes it may block several necessary programs as well.
Sometimes, it may keep popping-up unnecessarily and you do not want this to happen. Therefore, in these situations, you can temporarily disable McAfee protection. In this document, you will learn the easy steps to disable it on Windows as well as on Mac.
Steps to disable McAfee antivirus on Windows
Follow the steps given below carefully for turning off the McAfee antivirus. But, before that, you must know a few important things. Disabling it will make your device vulnerable to get hacked and cyber-criminals can easily use it as an opportunity. Therefore, you are recommended to enable it again once you are done with completing the task that was earlier blocked by McAfee.
- On your device, locate the McAfee icon and click on it.
- After this, go to the pop-up menu.
- Here, you need to tap on the McAfee product you have deployed.
- Now, click on the ‘PC Security’ tab.
- After this, you need to click on the ‘Real-Time Scanning’ option. You may find it on the menu present on the left.
- When you see a dialog box under the name of your McAfee product, click on the ‘Turn Off’ option.
- This will stop the active scanning of McAfee.
- When the confirmation dialogue box appears, click ‘Turn Off’ once again.
- You can choose the time slot for automatically re-enabling it
- Users can also disable the firewall using the same steps.
How to Disable McAfee on mac?
If you own a Mac device and wish to know how to disable the antivirus protection on it, then you may follow the steps given below:
- Initiate by locating and tapping on the McAfee icon.
- When you click on this icon, you will see a pop-up menu on your screen.
- Further, tap on the deployed McAfee product.
- Now, from the Mac Security tab, you need to select the ‘Real-Time Scanning’ option.
- Here, you need to click on the icon that looks like a lock.
- You might be prompted to enter your Mac admin password.
- Now, tap on the ‘OK’ option to continue and then tap on the On/Off toggle.
- The toggle will turn from blue to grey as soon as you do so.
- Further, click on the X button to close the dialog box.
By now, McAfee has been disabled but you should enable it once again to keep your device protected. You can turn off the firewall in the same way as you did in the above-mentioned procedure. Hopefully, you have 6 your answer for how to disable McAfee, if not, then you may go through the support page of McAfee and look for the desired solutions.