There is a common frustration that the users face due to the McAfee framework services file. There is one of the main functions that this file has control over is the Updating part of McAfee product installed and updating the ePolicy orchestrator agent. When these tasks are considered and performed then the system errors will occur that include a slow performance with respect to high CPU usage.
If all the McAfee Framework services file is compromised then you have to reinstall the McAfee common management agent. In this article, you will get to learn the basics to work upon the McAfee framework services. If you have some specific queries related to the topic then visit mcafee.com/activate. To deal with the issue you have to restart the service and restart the CMA. Let us take the discussion forward and learn the basics of McAfee framework services.
Restart the McAfee framework service
- Tap in the Windows “Start” menu and enter “compmgmt.msc” in the search field and tap on the “Enter” key.
- Tap on the “Start” key followed by the “Run” button and again type “compmgmt.msc”.
- Now, you have to expand the “Services and App” tab from the console tree on the left window.
- You will see the list of sub-categories that include options like “Services”, “WMI control” and the “Indexing Service”.
- Double-tap on the “Services” and then search the “McAfee Framework service” from the services list.
- Right-tap on the “McAfee Framework Service” and then tap on the “Start” button from the pop-up menu.
Note: If you see “Started” status then select the “Stop” option from the pop-up menu then choose the option labeled as “Restart” option.
- Now, continue to the next section of the problem stays.
Reinstalling the Common Management agent
- Tap on the Windows “Start” menu and tap on the “Programs” option followed by the “McAfee” button and then go to the “VirusScan console” button.
- In the next step, just right-tap on the “Access Protection”, select “Properties” from the list and select “Common standard Protection”.
- Now, tap on disable the “Prevent modification of McAfee files and settings” options and then tap on “OK” to confirm.
- After this, launch the Windows explorer and then delete the “FrameworkManifest.xml” file and search the following in directory:
- For Windows Vista: [Primary Drive]:\Program Data\McAfee\Common Framework
- For Windows XP: [Primary Drive]:\ Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\McAfee\Common Framework
- [Primary Drive]:\ Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Network Associates\Common Framework.
- In this step, You have to restart the system and then reinstall the Common Management agent or the EPO agent as applies to McAfee’s product.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that this article has helped you to work upon McAfee’s framework services. However, if you have any issues with the process it is strongly recommended to visit the official McAfee website via “Mcafee.com/activate“. You will get the articles related to the topic and the guidelines to assist the issues and concerns you have with the topic.