There is a vast data present online which helps the child to learn more efficiently than we ever did. It makes them an independent thinker and he can easily find out the answers to his questions without undergoing through many difficulties. In his school, he learns various skills to improve his knowledge but have you ever thought of making improvements in his digital literacy. In not, then it is high time now that you should do this as it will help him to stay safe online.
On top of that, it also helps a child to identify biased agendas and deceptive content. Moreover, he can form thoughts, insights, and opinions of his own without any external forces pushing its point-of-view on him. Here is a list of talking points that you should do with your child so that he can always stay away from online scams, cyber-crime, etc. “Mcafee.com/activate“
A few points to discuss with your child
- Increase visual literacy-media is the central medium through which we share and receive a lot of information. So, to decode the content present online, you must have apt knowledge of visual literacy. Each social media platform including Snap chat, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram receives millions of videos every day. So you must ensure that your child is not going through viral but fake content and believing it to be true.
- Be a wise searcher- you must understand the process through which search engines display the result of your queries. However, you may find it difficult to understand, but there is one way to find out the credibility of the content. You must believe on the content that is present in the legitimate and official websites.
- Protect and respect privacy- kids do not know that the personal information they share online is vulnerable to be misused. So, you should often talk about these things with your kids. Ensure that your private data is not set for the “Public” view. You should also teach them to respect other’s privacy as well. Moreover, you should ask them to keep their secrets to themselves and think a hundred times before sharing any photo online.
- Respect other’s opinions- every individual has his point of view and he tries to depict this through the content he shares online. In this situation, instead of getting agitated on a post, you should try to understand his point-of-view as well. Try to build the feeling of empathy in your kid and help him eliminate cyber-bullying.
- Cross-check the content- you should know the essentials of differentiating between the real and fake content. If the content is shared without giving the credit to the author, then you should not believe it to be true.
Follow what your child is going through online and ensure to deploy McAfee Safe Family on his device via mcafee.com/activate and always consider your digital footprint. This includes social profiles we create, our comments on a post, tweets, photos, etc. Stay up-to-date with new technology and prepare for future technology.
Smith Loo has been a writer in the technical field for quite long. His articles basically focus on helping users with various problems that they are facing while using different technologies. You may come across his writings on several web sites and hopefully, you will find them informative. You will find the latest information in his articles. Visit@:- “Mcafee.com/activate“.