Downloading McAfee consumer products is an essential part of getting started with using the antivirus software. After downloading the McAfee product you have purchased, you can then install and activate it. However, if you are new to McAfee, then you may find it difficult to do it although the process is not so complex. All you need to do is login with your registered McAfee account at mcafee.com/activate and then download the software directly from there.
Before you can actually download the software, make sure your device meets the minimum system requirements and is prepared for the installation. You can get to know about the same from the official website of McAfee. Once you know that your device is ready for the downloading and you know that it is compatible for the same, you may begin the process. If you are also struggling with the same question How to download McAfee already purchased, then here is the answer to your query.
(Note: the steps for different McAfee products such as McAfee Total Protection or McAfee LiveSafe may vary but somewhat similar)
Steps for downloading McAfee Windows 10
To initiate McAfee download for Windows 10, you may follow the steps given below:
1. First, open your web browser and in its search bar, type home.mcafee.com
2. Now, hit the Enter key to reach to the main page of McAfee.
3. After this, click on the ‘My Account’ option.
4. Further, select ‘Sign In’.
5. Now, enter your email address along with the password.
6. Hit the ‘Log In’ button for McAfee download already have an account.
7. Use the same login credentials that you assigned while purchasing your subscription.
8. The users who haven’t registered yet, can click on ‘Are you a new user? Register Now’.
9. Now, follow some more prompts for signing up.
10. Select ‘Remember Me’ if you do not wish to enter the login details again and again.
11. Again, click on the ‘My Account’ tab.
12. Select your product subscription and hit the ‘Download’ option.
13. If you have additional programs in your account, download them as well.
14. Click ‘I Agree’ after reading the End User License Agreement’.
15. Follow some easy instructions to complete the downloading process.
You may repeat the same procedure if you wish to do McAfee total protection download reinstall. But, before doing that you have to uninstall McAfee completely by removing all the related files.
Easy steps for McAfee download reinstall
After, uninstalling all the files of the previous version of McAfee on your device, follow the steps given below for McAfee download reinstall Windows 10:
1. From your web browser, go to mcafee.com/activate
2. Click on the ‘My Account’ tab and follow the prompts for login.
3. Click on the ‘subscriptions’ option.
4. Select ‘Add Device’ present next to your McAfee subscription.
5. Now, select the type of device on which you wish to reinstall the product.
6. Click on the ‘Download’ option and select the desired McAfee product from the list.
7. In case you wish to reinstall it on another device, click ‘Send Link’.
With this, the process to download as well as reinstall the McAfee product completes. If you still have any confusion regarding McAfee download already purchased, you may head to the consumer support section available on the official website of McAfee. Hopefully, your answer to the query ‘How to download McAfee already purchased’ is justified with this process.