With McAfee Total Protection that can be activated via McAfee.com/activate, you can enjoy safe web browsing as well as hassle-free working which isvery essential in the world of cyber threats. In this era, one must stay alert and sidestep attacks before they take place and Total protection is one such software that warns you about the risky websites, links, and files so that you don’t fall prey to cybercrimes.
Regardless of its notable features, sometimes McAfee Total Protection says that the network you are trying to connect to require authorization. If you see this error message displayed on the screen, you cannot access the website or the resources.
Troubleshoot McAfee Total Protection connection error
On seeing the network authorization errors, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:
Steps to fix connection error on a PC
Before you carry forward the process, ensure that you have selected the virtual location correctly.
- Sign in to your McAfee Total Protection premium account.
- Turn the Protection feature on which is available in the app.
- Now you have to select the desired Virtual Location.
- It is important that your IP address reflects the Virtual Location.
- Finally, you can try to access the website once again.
Clear your browser’s cookies:
- Tap open McAfee Total Protection
- Turn the protection feature off.
- Clear your browser’s cookies by following the method given for the browser you are using.
- In Total protection, turn protection back on.
- Restart your web browser and try to open the website again.
If those steps do not help, you can try to switch to another Virtual Location in Total Protection or switch back to the appropriate virtual location.
Steps to fix connection error on an iOS device
First, ensure that you are connected to the Internet and you have the latest version of Total Protection installed. Also, make sure that the device on which you are accessing the content has not been ‘jailbroken’. There shouldn’t be any firewall or VPN app running in the background.
Refresh the Airplane mode:
- Turn McAfee Total Protection on.
- Navigate to the settings option from your iOS home screen.
- Turn Airplane mode on and then turn it off again.
- If the steps do not work, continue to the next step.
Reinstall the McAfee Total Protection profile
- Tap open McAfee Total Protection.
- Click on the“Reinstall Profile” option available on the main menu.
- Tap “Protection” on the main Total Protection screen and follow the instructions.
If the issue persists, connect to another network type i.e. Wi-Fi or Mobile data.
Steps to fix connection error on an Android device
Before moving on with the procedure, make sure you have established a safe internet connection through Wi-Fi or mobile data and your device has not been ‘rooted’.
Sign in to the network if required:
- Open a website in your browser and sign-in.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab of your device and tap on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Look for the network you are connected to and then sign in if you see the sign in option.
If those steps do not work, restart the device and try connecting to the network again.
To sum up-
At Mcafee.com/activate you will enough information regarding McAfee and its products. In case you ever run into a problem, you may seek assistance from the McAfee customer Support or navigate to the official website to get the apt solutions for your query.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- McAfee.com/Activate.